Duke Health Policy Center
Policy statements specific to Duke University Health System/Duke Health and Duke University may be accessed via this icon link. Access is restricted to employees that have been granted log-on privileges and requires a NetID and password.
Duke General Accounting Procedures (Duke GAP) -- The Duke General Accounting Procedures (GAPs) are workflow overviews, forms and other tools to assist in the day-to-day financial operations for the business units of the Duke Community. They provide account code structure, general ledger account definitions, journal-voucher workflow procedures, capital asset acquisition and disposal procedures, space allocation information, and fiscal year-end close information.
Duke Human Resources -- Duke Human Resources (HR) provides the Duke workforce with employment and organizational policies and procedures, as well as, tools and workflows for employees and supervisors in the Duke community. Additionally, HR provides employee benefits resources, performance appraisals processes, supports staff recruitment and provides training and development.
- Duke Compliance Policy
- Duke Confidentiality Policy
- Duke Confidentiality Agreement
- Duke Use of Computing & Electronic Resources Policy
- Duke Policy on Social Security Number Usage
Some policies that can be searched by name or key word from the search box at the eGRC System (see link above) are:
- Electronic Communication Policy
- Visiting Observer Policy (Non-Physician)
- Uses and Disclosures of Protected Health Information for Marketing
- Protecting the Confidentiality of Social Security Numbers Policy
Conflict of Interest Policies
Please contact Duke University Compliance Program (e-mail link) for questions relating to Conflict of Interest Policy for Members of the Governing Boards (approved November 2017)
- Policy on Dual Interest and Outside Activity (approved May 2020)
- Institutional Conflict of Interest in Research
- Institutional Conflict of Interest
- FAQs - Information relating to gifts is included here. (revised 2016)
- DUHS Gifts and Courtesies Policy
- Statement of Policy about Senior Administrators Serving On External For-Profit Boards (November 2015)