Faculty and staff of Duke University, including the School of Medicine (SOM) and the School of Nursing (SON), as well as the Duke University Health System (DUHS) have access to sensitive information needed to perform their job duties. Patient and personnel information from any source and in any form (e.g., paper record, talking, computers) is strictly confidential. A number of policies and procedures govern employee actions regarding management of this information at Duke including:
Note: Most links below open in the same window; please use the back arrow to return to current page. Links with * require NetID login.
- Compliance Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Electronic Communication Policy*
- Retention, Preservation and Destruction of Records (Records Retention Policy)*
Resources specific to Duke University faculty can be found in the Duke University Faculty Handbook, including:
Resources for faculty and staff travel:
- Faculty/Staff Travel
- Export Controls
- Global IT Checklist If you are traveling internationally, OIT recommends you complete these steps before traveling outside the U.S.
- What is your phone telling your rental car? | Consumer Information
Resources available to address general privacy and policy guidelines at Duke can be found within the following links: