The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. (An “eligible student” under FERPA is a student who is 18 years of age or older or who attends a postsecondary institution at any age).
Duke University has high expectations for students' scholarship and conduct. In accepting admission, students indicate their willingness to subscribe to and be governed by the rules and regulations of the university, which flow from the Duke Community Standard. These policies reflect the Duke Community Standard's fundamental values--honesty, fairness, respect, and accountability--and include:
Note: Most links below open in the same window; please use the back arrow to return to current page. Links with an * require NetID login.
- Acceptable Use Policy (Student Affairs)
- Duke Confidentiality Policy (Student Affairs)
- Duke’s Data Classification Standard
- Photography or Videotaping on Campus
- Duke Policies and Procedures*
- Undergraduate Research Support Office (URS)
- Retention, Preservation and Destruction of Records (Records Retention Policy)*
- Security on Social Media
- Social Security Number Usage Policy (Duke University)